Candidate for Division D Director District 102
Toastmasters member since: 2017
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Monash University)
South Australian Matriculation (Taylor’s College Subang Jaya)
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service:
• President, PJ Toastmasters Club 2019-2020
• Area D5 Director 2020-2021
• Assistant Division D Director, Program Quality 2021-2022
• President, MC JO Community (Kota Damansara) Toastmasters Club 2021-2022
• District PQD Team – “District 102 Speechcraft Chair” 2021-2022
Toastmasters honors and recognition:
• PJ Toastmasters Club Humorous Speech Contest (1st Place) 2021-2022
• Distinguished Area (Area D5 – District 102) 2020-2021
• President’s Distinguished Club (President of PJ Toastmasters Club) 2019-2020
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
Working in the Logistics field helps to improve my ‘Time Management’ & ‘Planning & Organizing’ skills, as a lot of thorough planning required to ensure things move smoothly without any hiccups.
Applying the same to Toastmasters as a District leader, will help to ensure the growth of Division through proper planning of workshops/trainings/events and smooth club charter process.
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
During my time, I was a manager of a small family business looking after all aspects of the business, including finance.
In order to ensure sustainable growth of company, I have experienced in looking through the Profit & Losses, which helps in the cost-cutting measures and getting more sales for the company.
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
In Toastmasters club level, I have developed procedures in obtaining Speech slots by reserving every 3 months through an online scheduling tool. This is still being used today.
Not only that, I have developed procedures for the members to submit Evaluation forms to the Vice President Education to ensure integrity of the member’s growth.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
1) Area Director – understanding that different people (in community/student/corporate clubs) have different commitments and goals, and have strong empathy towards people who have strong goals to meet.
2) President – always be a very caring club leader and have empathy towards club members, no matter who or where the members are from.
3) Vice President Education – Integrity is a very important value to uphold when submitting education goals for the club members.
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
District’s mission is no doubt to build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
In my opinion, it is to build and spread strong awareness to the community that Toastmasters can help every single people to achieve their goals in improving their communication & leadership skills.
In order for this to succeed, the members’ participation is an utmost importance and I will strive to help diverse groups of members in Division D to spread this awareness everywhere. By having a vision of “Developing through Diversity”.